‘Communicating the Revolution’
A World to Win is bringing together a group of people to share revolutionary skills and understanding. The workshop programme will run for about six months, starting in June 2013. One and two-day events will take place in London and around the UK.
The course will be led by members of A World to Win and guest speakers will offer special sessions and share skills. The aim is for students to acquire confidence to work with others in building a movement.
If you are interested, please email email@example.com and we will be in touch.
Outline of subject areas:
Philosophy and outlook
- understanding how ideas and thoughts are formed, both as individuals and as social beings
- what a materialist understanding of nature and society is and why it matters
- how websites are created and work
- using the web for campaigning
Political economy of globalisation
- what makes the world go round?
- how different parts of the global economy fit together
- the role of the state in sustaining capitalism
- origins of the eco-crisis within the profit system
Writing documents, blogs, editing, e-book publishing
- where do you start?
- looking for what’s new
- organising your material
- working as a team
Developing collaborative leadership
- the networked organisation
- working with other organisations
- reform or revolution – or both?
- learning from history
- inspiring the next generation
- using social media/campaigning
Developing and learning from international contacts
Speaking/debating in public
- how to prepare your notes
- sticking to your brief
- using a camera and writing a story to go with it