Extreme energy &
the democratic deficit –
how we can
fracking the world
Thursday 3 July, 7-8.30pm British Summer Time (GMT+1)
Short presentations from:
- Maria Montinaro, Falkirk Against Unconventional Gas
- Dr Damien Short, director Human Rights Consortium and member of the Extreme Energy Initiative
- Penny Cole, environment editor, A World to Win.
Followed by open facilitated discussion
- Cameron is changing trespass law so frackers can drill under your house
- the Scottish government is letting fracking companies decide their own "buffer zones"
- planning law has been reframed so people have no say in what happens in their area
- public money is being poured into bribes and corporate tax breaks.
People all over the UK are fighting this concerted attack on their democratic rights and are opposing the ecological nightmare that fracking represents.